PULEGOSO GLASS WALL SCONCE ATTRIBUTED TO CARLO SCARPA FOR VENINI
A pulegoso glass wall sconce with original steel mounting bracket attributed to Carlo Scarpa for Venini, created circa 1930.
Pulegoso glass, which appears full of bubbles, is made by injecting into the molten glass a component that reacts and in doing so releases gas bubbles. This technique was invented in the 1920s by Napoleone Martinuzzi at the Venini glassworks. The glass includes very fine fragments of ash in keeping with this remarkable technique.
Condition: in good original condition, all glass intact. Steel bracket has a rich aged patina. Rewired for AUS.
Dimensions: 23.5cm H x 13.5cm W x 11cm D
Electrical safety act 1998:
Second hand danger, do not use or connect to supply. This electrical equipment may be faulty and should be inspected and tested by a competent person in accordance with AS/NZS 3760. All lighting should be installed by a professional electrician.